I’m already up to day 8! This is kinda fun if I do tell you the truth. I love this internet marketing stuff. Today we dealt with getting traffic to our websites. For me this has been a daily grind, even getting visitors to this blog. It has taken me over a year to get a steady flow of about 45 visitors a day.
There are many ways to get people to come visit your site, but it comes down to the simple premise of Getting the word out. To do so, you can use the following techniques…
- Participate in forums related to the topic of your blog and use a link in your signature
- Read related blogs and leave comments. Use a backlink in the comment
- Write articles and submit them to sites like ezinearticles.com, articlecity.com and Go-Articles. There are many many more sites as well. Make sure to include backlinks
- Bookmark your articles/posts on the many social bookmarking sites out there like digg.com or mixx.com.
- Use Adwords
- Register with all the Search Engines
- Register your feed with directories
- Create a video and post it on youtube.com
- Post flyers around town
- send out emails to all your friends
- Repost some of your content on facebook
- Join Twitter and put the link in your profile.
- Tweet some of your articles
If I sat here longer I could probably think of a few dozen more ways to attract visitors. You must be creative, but also you want your visitors to come back so your CONTENT must be good as well.
My biggest pet peeve is submitting my articles to all the social bookmarking sites out there. You could spend hours doing that for each article. I was pleased that the 30 day challenge introduced me to a tool called Traffic Bug which will slowly drip your articles and posts around the internet. All you have to do is add the articles/posts to your traffic bug account, add a few different titles, descriptions and keywords and it’ll do the rest.
I signed up for the 40 day free trial of traffic bug and submitted my site and the first article. I’ll report back in a few days to let you know how it’s doing. Since my main site is not yet indexed on google that will be the first thing I’m going to look for.
tip: to see if your site has been indexed in google type site: yoursite.com. In my case I would type site: newjerseyprobate.org. If your site shows up then it’s indexed, if not then wait.