During November I started to experiment with the envelope that I was using to see if I could increase the number of responses I could get. I was expecting at worst similar results to what I was getting with my white envelopes, which is about 10% response rate. It’s been roughly 30 days since I started and I have my results.
Granted I could still get calls from the colored envelopes, but I believe I have enough to report on.
In total I sent out 188 colored envelopes in 5 different colors Red, Green, Yellow, Pink and Blue. All of the letters were first time letters and were the same as with the white envelopes I send out.
- Blue Envelope ( 1 )
- Green Envelope ( 0 )
- Orange Envelope ( 2 )
- Pink Envelope ( 2 )
- Yellow Envelope ( 0 )
- Time of Year: This is the holiday season and people aren’t usually responsive to marketing like this. In past years, my response rate has always gone down in late November and December.
- Area that I sent the letters too: Some towns respond better to letters, some are postcard towns. I’ve never sent letters to these towns before so you never know.
- Bright Colored envelopes turned them off: I was figuring with the time of year, the bright colored envelopes would make the lead think it was a greeting card of some sort. Heck maybe that was my problem and it turned them off.
Latest posts by Scott Costello (see all)
- Who Wants My Steve Cook Courses? - January 12, 2017
- REIFlow for Podio – Looking for 20 more beta users - November 11, 2016
- Globiflow is affordable for the small business again! - November 2, 2016