Have you ever heard that it takes an average of 7 contacts with a lead before you get through to them? I have no idea if that is actually true, but I’ve heard it so often that I tend to believe. My personality is that I don’t want to bother or annoy people and sending out 7 mailers to someone would seem to be doing just that. How many of you feel the same way? and has it stopped you from repeatedly mailing your leads?
I re-mail my out of state leads every 3 months. So if you do the math, it’ll take me about 2 years to complete my contacts with a specific owner. If they haven’t responded in 2 years then they are probably in a pretty good spot and are not interested in selling at all. Hopefully they keep one of my letters in case they do ever need to sell.
As of yet I’ve only been through 2 rounds of mailings for a specific lead. I send an initial letter asking the lead to call me if they are interested in selling their house. My follow up letter refers to the first letter and tells them to call. For the 3rd contact I am not quite sure what to send out. Here are some thoughts….
- A postcard
- A third letter. This third letter would be a bit more direct in that I’ll mention reason’s why they should sell to me
- A third letter. This letter would just remind them I’m still interested
- A third letter. This letter would have some sort of ultimatum like – if you don’t call soon I may not be able to buy this time next month
- Make Calls and Send Texts in Podio using smrtPhone - April 26, 2019
- Email Marketing with Podio and ConvertKit: Dealing with Unsubscribes - February 27, 2019
- Email Marketing With Podio and ConvertKit: Multiple Sequences - February 12, 2019