Working a full time job during the day makes it impossible for me to answer most of the phone calls I get from people responding to my direct mail marketing. Not only that, but finding the time to return all the calls is near impossible as well. There are lunch times, or while you are cooking dinner or before going to the gym. How many calls can you actually return in a given day before 8pm? Not a lot, at least for me.
In the beginning when I wasn’t getting to many phone calls, I could return them all and gain the experience talking to all kinds of people who are in all kinds of readinesses (is that a word??) to sell. However, there came a point when I couldn’t possibly return all the calls. What to do?
I started filtering the calls from the beginning. I have my Google voice mail answer ever call I get from my marketing. I use to have Google voice forward the calls to my cell phone first and then pick up if I didn’t answer, but now I just have all calls sent to voice mail. This way I can quickly determine if the person is…
- Not interested in selling (they usually say, “take me off your mailing list”
- Is Angry that you even dared to contact them
- Is a Realtor calling on behalf of the seller
- Is looking to sell their property(s)
Only #4 gets a call back and sometimes #3.
Determining motivation from a voice mail message is darn near impossible 95% of the time. So I don’t try and play that game and just call the people back and talk to them.
Here is an example voicemail message that I got this past week. Do you think I should call them back?[audio:http://strugglinginvestor.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Caller-Example-1.mp3|titles=Caller Example 1]
- Suspended From YouTube – for no reason - April 11, 2022
- Make Calls and Send Texts in Podio using smrtPhone - April 26, 2019
- Email Marketing with Podio and ConvertKit: Dealing with Unsubscribes - February 27, 2019