Today my first postcard mailing from Postcardmania.com is being mailed. In total there are about 530 postcards. These will all be sent to first time recipients of my marketing. My “hand written” yellow letters usually pulled an average of about 12% response rate, so I’m interested to compare how the postcards do.
Quick Little Game: If you can guess how many responses I get over the next two weeks, from this first batch of postcards, I’ll give you a free audio on how to talk to motivated sellers. Just leave a comment with your guess. Total mailed out was 530.
I’ve been getting more active with bigger pockets over the last 10 days or so and have reconnected with some old friends. Joshua Dorkin (founder of bigger pockets) was already nice enough to post his opinions on my blog about what he thinks of Bandit Signs and I tend to agree with him. It’s good to have an open mind about what other people have to say.
If you are looking for a real estate investing forum, bigger pockets seems to be the place to go. One good indicator is how fast questions get answered and how many responses there are. Very quick and always a lot! Joshua has done a great job growing BiggerPockets.com to the success it is today and I’m a bit peeved at myself for not really ever taking the time to get into it before. Don’t wait, join up today!
SI Lead Manager – Beta 6
Over the summer much of my free time to work on Beta 6 had been curtailed by getting swamped with work at my 9to5 as well as with the new baby. But I’m happy to say that since this past September, I’ve been able to work hard and am pointed towards a December release date. With out getting into to much of the details, some key changes have been made since beta 5….
- Tagging System – There are no more “Lists” per say. You will now organize everything by using Tags (like Probate, Morris County, Bread and Butter Area, etc..). You make the tags up to suit your needs.
- Letters and Mail Merge – Now you can simply create a letter in a Word Document with simple field tags like <owner_last_name> and <owner_address>. Beta 6 will then mail merge your lists directly with your Word Document Letters. No need for creating the letters in SILM. This allows for a quicker learning curve and much more flexibility with creating your letters. Pictures, Coloring and anything else word can do you can now do.
- The entire Mailing interface has been streamlined and works with the Tags as well.
- Mailing Campaigns have been simplified
- And more…
Complete Random Thoughts
- Do I want to continue to put up bandit signs?
- Why have my partner and I only had 3 deals in the past 18 months? What needs to change?
- Starting to think about next years goals and plan
- Need to increase my marketing budget, but How?
- Should I start charging for SI Lead Manager? At what price?
- Should I offer a multi user version of SI Lead Manager that uses a cloud Database?
- How many houses would I have to wholesale to replace my current income?
- I want to rehab a house this year
- Having a treadmill in my condo is awesome, though I worry about the neighbors hearing us use it.
- Make Calls and Send Texts in Podio using smrtPhone - April 26, 2019
- Email Marketing with Podio and ConvertKit: Dealing with Unsubscribes - February 27, 2019
- Email Marketing With Podio and ConvertKit: Multiple Sequences - February 12, 2019