Working a full time job and then trying to fit real estate investing in between eating, sleeping, exercising and spending time with family and friends is a very difficult thing. I have to make sure I use all my free time wisely and make sure I can concentrate on one task at a time. Like most people I tend to lose track of time and underestimate or over estimate how long certain tasks actually take.
Talking with Kasey last week we decided that I’m going to be keeping a daily timesheet. This time sheet will be strictly to record my real estate activities and how long each of them is taking. This I think has many benefits…
- I’ll be able to look back and see what I have done each week
- I’ll be able to actually see how much time I spend per week on real estate activities and then decide if I can increase or must decrease my time alloted
- I will be able to see what tasks are taking the longest time to complete
- I will be able to see if certain tasks are taking too long and figure out a way to speed them up
There are probably many more advantages for keeping a time sheet that I will realize once I have done it for a few weeks/months.
I am going to set my time sheet up with the following information..
- Activity Description
- Start Time
- End Time
- Total Time
The idea is not to spend to much time recording what you are doing, just simple and quick entries.
In my next post I’ll give you another activity you can do that will really help streamline what and how you spend your time.
- Suspended From YouTube – for no reason - April 11, 2022
- Make Calls and Send Texts in Podio using smrtPhone - April 26, 2019
- Email Marketing with Podio and ConvertKit: Dealing with Unsubscribes - February 27, 2019
Pingback: Real Estate Investing Tips: How To Manage Your Time Efficiently | Real Estate Investing News Watch Blog Aggregator
Good idea. Having a 9-to-5 is just a drain and distraction! 🙂 I had planned to accomplish more this week, but my job was unbelievably busy this week, so that killed a lot of my plans.
Let us know how the timesheet goes.