So far my partner and I have not had much love from title companies. In our first deal the title company we were working with (and was highly recommended by other investors) broke up and was not seen from again right in the middle of our deal. In our second deal, another company who was highly recommended just recently was no longer doing title work themselves and was passing the work to another title company. This other company took 2 weeks to get our title work back!?!
This brings me to my question for all of you…
How did you find your title company and what questions did you ask them before giving them your business?
I did some research on google a came up with a few questions to ask…
- 1. Do they work with assignments? Without assignor being present at close?
- 2. Can they handle double closings if they are necessary? If so, can 1 title search be used for the whole process?
- 3. What do they charge for title search?
- 4. What do they charge for a full title commitment?
I also found a couple great posts from Steph Davis about the subject…
The general advice you see most is to seek out a reference from an experienced investor in your area. That is great advice. Should you just blindly trust it though? I say not entirely so be prepared with some questions to ask to help you feel more comfortable with them.
So what questions to you ask when interviewing a title company?
- Make Calls and Send Texts in Podio using smrtPhone - April 26, 2019
- Email Marketing with Podio and ConvertKit: Dealing with Unsubscribes - February 27, 2019
- Email Marketing With Podio and ConvertKit: Multiple Sequences - February 12, 2019