It was time for another master mind meeting this past weekend and as always it was very helpful. The assignment leading up to the meeting was a very easy one. We had to answer a few questions on a worksheet and then we would all go over it during the meeting. In the past I found it very hard to be critiqued by other people. I knew it was good for me, but my natural instinct to justify myself always kicked in. These meetings are really helping open my mind more.
Here are the 3 questioned that were asked on the worksheet…
- List some items that you are proud to have accomplished since the last meeting,
- List a tool/website/information that you discovered that was really helpful
- What area do you think you struggled with over the past month
The last section was about setting your goals for the upcoming month. This was to be done at the meeting with the help of the other members.
Here are my answers to the questions…
1. List some items that you are proud to have accomplished since the last meeting
- Making an offer on a house
- Doing a full repair cost estimate based on what needed to be fixed
- Using my relatinoships I’ve built over the past year to help me accomplish some tasks I’m currently weak on.
- Buying bandit signs
- Continuing my probate marketing
2. List a tool/website/information that you discovered that was really helpful
COA Telephone Service
. Being able to use the voice mail script has given me the ability to describe what I do to sellers who respond to my marketing even when I can’t answer the phone. It also serves as a filter because people who are just tire kickers are more prone to just hang up then listen to the message.
COA network also gives me the tools to keep statistics on the callers like their phone number, name (if listed), how long they listened and more. Every day I discover a new feature that I could exploit to help me out.
3. What area do you think you struggled with over the past month
- Estimating repair costs for a property
- Getting over the fear of putting out bandit signs.
I was able to get help from Lance with the repair costs which not only helped me come up with an offer, but also helped opened my eyes to what to look for when walking through a house. I’m also going to be setting up an appointment with Jon or Kasey to walk through a few houses with them and practice doing a repair cost estimate. That will be very helpful indeed.
As for my fear of putting out the bandit signs (i.e. getting fined), i’m going to be heading out with Lance one Friday this month to help him put some signs out. It’s a good step in the right direction of getting over my fear.
Goals for November
- Put out 100 bandit signs
- Begin to mail to Out-of-State owners for 4 towns
- Continue Probate mailers
Latest posts by Scott Costello (see all)