By reading the title you probably thought that I had a deal come my way through my networking channels. Unfortunately that is not the direction this post is going to take. What I’m getting at is that I can officially say I have a coach.
Over the summer I’ve continually offered up my website development “skills” at my real estate meetings in order to help myself build relationships with other successful investors. Almost immediate Jon Zorrer (the organizer of the rei group) came to me with some projects he needed a website set up for.
What he needed me to do was not hard work by any means, just the technical stuff behind the websites like…
- Installing WordPress
- Setting up the theme
- Installing and setting up the plugins
- Getting Audio, Video and other media displaying correctly
- Creating and setting up aweber opt-in boxes
The only thing I’m not really doing is supplying content for the sites or ad-copy. I’ve actually learned a lot of things by doing this. Such as what has worked for Jon in terms of internet marketing and how he words things in order to attract seller, buyers and who ever. That is invaluable stuff right there!
It gets even better though. Jon has been so appreciative of my help (I do it all for free) that he gave me a deal I couldn’t pass up ($7000 off his $7000 price…ie free!) on his coaching program. This is awesome and a great example of how building good, solid relationships can pay off over and over again.
My stress level actually got a bit higher after getting this awesome gift. Why you ask?
- Because now what do I do?
- What am I to expect out of this mentoring program?
- How should I use Jon to get the most out of myself?
- This is the sort of thing where I’ll only get out what I put in, but what do I need to put in?
So many questions and looking back is probably the reason why I never fully sought out a mentor coach. I may have been afraid of being told I was doing something wrong.
What I’m going to do
Someone once told me that you never go into a meeting with out an agenda. I’m going to take that same approach with Jon’s mentoring. The first thing I’m going to do is put together a small list of what I want to get out of the coaching.
- Bring in more leads through internet marketing
- Help with putting a deal together (paper work, legal contracts, creative strategies, etc..)
- Experience a deal from start to finish
That should be a good start. The next thing I want to do is schedule a meeting with Jon to talk about the above topics and get the ball rolling.
If you have a mentor/coach, I’d love for you to leave a comment and tell us how you take advantage and what sort of things you do to get the most out of the situation.
- Suspended From YouTube – for no reason - April 11, 2022
- Make Calls and Send Texts in Podio using smrtPhone - April 26, 2019
- Email Marketing with Podio and ConvertKit: Dealing with Unsubscribes - February 27, 2019