When I was first getting starting in Real Estate Investing, reading everything I could find on the subject, I would routinely search for blogs that would show me what it was actually like to be an investor. At the time one of the most popular and well regarded blogs of this type was Steph Davis’ flipthiswholesaler.net (flipthiswholesaler.blogspot.com at the time). In my mind there was none better at portraying the daily life of an investor.
I wanted to find more like that and found this blog post on a site called Biggerpockets that listed the top 35 real estate investing blogs on the net. It was a great list and lead me to some other outstanding blogs but that list has seen better days as many of the sites have been forgotten, closed down or just changed focus.
About a year ago Joshua Dorkin, founder of BiggerPockets, updated that post asking for people to recommend some top blogs because he was going to revisit the list. I was happy to nominate FlipthisWholesaler.net and 123Flip.com (J Scott’s blog).
Yesterday the new list came out with the updated Top 20 Real Estate Investing Blogs and, if you’ve been reading rei blogs for a while, some very recognizable blogs made the list
- 1-2-3 Flip
- BawldGuy Talking
- The BiggerPockets Blog – As if you didn’t know it would make the list
- Build Bankroll
- Flip This Wholesaler
- Good Faith Investing
- House Flipping Blog
- Life as Real Estate Investors
- Live and Flip
- Llenrock Commercial Real Estate Finance Blog
- REI Tips
- Shaun’s Real Estate Adventures
And then there are 8 honorable mention sites to round out the top 20 and on closer examination I think I uncovered a typo or something. Take a look for yourself…
- Adventures in Mobile Homes
- A Student of the Real Estate Game
- The Blog Of Matt Rosen
- Flipping Smart
- Goin’ Flippin’ Crazy
- Mobile Home Madness
- Struggling to Get Started
- The Successful Landlord Blog
Yea, some how Struggling Investor got put in there. After 200+ blogs that Joshua reviewed, I can understand the mistake. However it got on the list I’m proud to be there and am just honored that people are actually reading what I have to say. Thanks Joshua and Bigger Pockets for the honor!
Latest posts by Scott Costello (see all)
- Who Wants My Steve Cook Courses? - January 12, 2017
- REIFlow for Podio – Looking for 20 more beta users - November 11, 2016
- Globiflow is affordable for the small business again! - November 2, 2016