I apologize for the lack of any real updates on how my probate investing has been going. I’ve continued to send out my mailers and have been getting calls, but non have been motivated or really willing to sell at this time. Instead of writing the same old thing every week about sending out mailers and talking about non motivated callers I’ve been trying to break down every single aspect of what I’ve been going through (talking with callers, keeping track of sellers, timing of sending out mailers, etc..) and explaining it in detail to try and be as helpful as possible for anyone just learning. By the increase in traffic these past few weeks it looks like nobody has minded at all.
This is the part of investing I imagine where many people will start to slack off and give up. If you ever hit a lull like this, take the time out to re-evaluate what you are doing, make sure adjustments and keep moving forward. I am also taking this time to strengthen my relationships with other investors. This has two very useful effects…
- Keeps my momentum going. Talking about real estate investing with other like minded people and hearing about other deals really motivates me. The week after one of the REIA meetings is usually my most productive time.
- Builds a solid support system. Even though a deal hasn’t come my way just yet, I’m not afraid anymore if one does. The reason is that I’m always building up my relationships with other experienced investors who will be there for me when I need help. It’s a powerful feeling to know you are not having to go it alone.
If you are in the New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania areas feel free to drop by our meetup meeting (founded by Jon Zorrer). It’s a great group of investors who’s main goal is to network and help each other out. There are meetings every other week (which I love) and a rapidly growing membership. The cost is free so come and join us. The next meeting is May 13th. You can read more about it here at Real Estate Deal Makers Mastermind.
Also If you are like me and interested in joining multiple groups, send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I’ll tell you about a few more great groups that meet on a monthly basis.
If any of you would like to build a good support system and is interested in connecting with me you can do so below…
Follow me on Twitter @ Twitter.com/StrgglngInvstor
Follow me on Facebook @ Facebook.com/StrugglingInvestor
Connect with me on Linkedin @ linkedin.com/in/sjcostello
Connect with me on BiggerPockets @ biggerpockets.com/users/scostell
Latest posts by Scott Costello (see all)
- Make Calls and Send Texts in Podio using smrtPhone - April 26, 2019
- Email Marketing with Podio and ConvertKit: Dealing with Unsubscribes - February 27, 2019
- Email Marketing With Podio and ConvertKit: Multiple Sequences - February 12, 2019