Lately I’ve been thinking about creating an LLC so I can write off some of my business expenses so far. I haven’t been making any money, only spending it it seems. It’s not a lot of money but it would be nice to be able to deduct it at the end of the year. Things I spend money are
- marketing with postcards
- driving around looking at houses
- educational material
- website tools (hosting, domain names and templates)
Those are my main expenses and per month they usually cost me about $200. It would be great to be able to write some of those expenses off by creating an LLC that is taxed like an S-Corp. I’ve got to talk to a good CPA to help me determine which entity is best for me, but from my research LLC seems to be the best way to go. If anyone has any opinions about this or has set one up in New Jersey I’d like to get some advice and recommendations on a good CPA.
I came up with a list of items I would like to accomplish or look into in order to create an internet marketing machine. Here is my list, feel free to leave a comment and ad to it. I’m also going to be coming out with an area of my blog called Brain Dump where I will be listing ideas that I come up with for a particular topic. I would also like to get responses from as many people as possible to help create a plan of sorts. I’m going to start out with Internet Marketing. Anyhow, here is what i’ve come up with so far and look for the Brain Dump section to appear within the week.
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/webuynjhouses and https://www.facebook.com/jerredbuysaustinhouses
- Google Local Business
- Buyers Squeeze Page for Morris County
- Post Articles on Digg, Squidoo, eZine, eHow, HubPages
- Company Website
- Put website on all my marketing
- Look at Adwords
- Back Links – press release, posting on blogs, publishing articles
- Use Software to determine other sites inbound links
- Use Sitemaps
- Create a blog for local real estate information
- Investigate what inman wiki is
- Figure out different ways users can find my site
- Email Local Realtors and Attornies to discuss linking to my site for a return link
- Submit articles to Real Estate Investing Sites like ReiClub, Flipping Homes and Creo Online
- Create a Faq for local buyers
- Follow local message boards and post blog entries related to the latest topics
- Hire someone to post craiglist ads (elance.com)
- Offer Realtors an ebook on how to increase webtraffic in exchange for something
- Do Keyword research for google, yahoo and bing
- Get ranked for Whippany Real Estate, Hanover Real Estate, Cedar Knolls Real Estate and Morris County Real Estate
My intent is to start from the top of this list and just start knocking these off one at a time. Some I already have a frame work setup (twitter, facebook, google) but I need to fully implement them.
Shae and I are currently trading ideas but it would be cool to have a nice discussion area for everyone to join in. So again look for the Brain Dump section soon.
- Suspended From YouTube – for no reason - April 11, 2022
- Make Calls and Send Texts in Podio using smrtPhone - April 26, 2019
- Email Marketing with Podio and ConvertKit: Dealing with Unsubscribes - February 27, 2019