Over the next few months, I’m going to be asking some of my readers and other people in real estate to share some tips about working a 9-to-5 job while investing in real estate. For those of us currently in this situation it can be extremely hard to manage time between work, life, health and investing. Hopefully these great tips can help make life a little easier, or at least run more smoothly.
Sharon Vornholt’s Tips for 9 to 5ers:
When I was working in my other business, it was easy to lose focus because I was stretched too thin. Here are a few things that I did:
- I never turned on the TV before 9:30 or 10:00 at night.
- I spent a lot of time learning so things were easier. I read and watched a lot of webinars at night instead of camping out in front of the TV.
- I had my direct mail schedule on paper that was tacked up on the wall of my (home) office. It is so easy to get off track if it isn’t staring you in the face.
- I tried to have my direct mail printed and “waiting for me” in advance. Then when I wanted to watch TV or a movie, I worked on it at the same time. That helped me keep the mailings on schedule.
- I tried to follow Jack Canfield’s advice about the “rule of 5”. I really tried to do 5 things every day (even if they were small) to move me toward my goals.
- The biggest thing I did was to invest in Raymond Aaron’s “Double Your Income” program while attending a national REIA seminar one year. I think it was about $700.00 and it was worth every penny.
He has a goal setting program that is phenomenal. You do your annual goals and work backwards breaking them down into monthly goals.
The thing that is different about his program, is that he uses a form called the “Mainly Form”. This form covers 6 areas of your life both personal and professional. His scoring method on the Mainly form is also different in that you set minimum, target and outrageous goals. On months where you don’t get as much done, it’s OK. Those were your “minimum” targets that you met and they were called “rest months”.
The biggest problem everyone faces I think comes from just simply having too much to do and being too tired at times. My advice to anyone starting out today, is to find a way to outsource as much as you can. You will make more money in the long run if you do.
- Make Calls and Send Texts in Podio using smrtPhone - April 26, 2019
- Email Marketing with Podio and ConvertKit: Dealing with Unsubscribes - February 27, 2019
- Email Marketing With Podio and ConvertKit: Multiple Sequences - February 12, 2019