I’ve been thinking long and hard about how I want to set my goals up this year. The process has not been easy by any stretch of the imagination. In the past years I’ve thrown out some lofty goals in an effort to push myself to new heights. I even set 6 month goals, 3 month goals and weekly tasks in order to help myself stay on path.
The year would start off great. One task after another would get done, but by March I’d some how be off target or my end goal would have changed or something wouldn’t go my way or what have you. I have yet to achieve one of my past, yearly goals in real estate investing. It’s sort of embarrassing to admit that.
This year I’ve decided on a different strategy, something more focused and shorter term. I’m at a point that a deal could happen any day now and my only goal is to get one. Because I work better when I’m focused on only one thing, I want to put all my efforts into attaining that illusive first deal. I don’t want to be distracted by other goals right now, this is a time to push towards the finish line.
My One and Only Goal Until I Achieve it is…
Get my first probate deal under contract and sold by March 1.
Once I am able to accomplish that laser focused goal I will reassess the year and set my new yearly goals at that point. At first I didn’t put a date on my goal, but thanks to a phone call with Shae, she helped me realize the importance of doing that. With out setting a date, it allows you to procrastinate and do tomorrow what you should do today. Have you ever not met a dead line? Some how when there is a dead line, things get done.
I’ve never set personal type goals pertaining to habits before, but after reading Brian Tracy’s Million Dollar Habits last month I’m dead set on changing some of my habits. In order for me to get where I want to go I must accomplish these personality changes or I’ll be destined to stay where I am. I’m going to accomplish these personal changes by setting some rules for myself that i must follow…
- Call people to talk instead of sending emails. It’s to easy to hide behind an email and never get comfortable talking on the phone. This will undoubted help me get my first probate deal.
- Read one book every month. (Still waiting on my Flip This Book of the Month Club book, it’s been over a week and the month is running out!)
- Right down my next days tasks on my iPhone. I just bought the app Toodledo and have been using it for over a week and it has helped me keep up with my daily tasks.
That’s it for today. Tomorrow I’ll tell you about another call I got and I will go over the comps I found about the place.
- Suspended From YouTube – for no reason - April 11, 2022
- Make Calls and Send Texts in Podio using smrtPhone - April 26, 2019
- Email Marketing with Podio and ConvertKit: Dealing with Unsubscribes - February 27, 2019