I discovered Google Reader today, which is great for keeping track of all your RSS feeds (Blogs and news sites). So spent the morning messing around with that, it’s great and will allow me to read all my blogs in one spot. I also messed around with twitter for a little bit, looks promising but I just have to figure out how to effectively use it to help me network. That’s about all I did today, so I’ll leave you with some wise Investor Words to Live By…
* Look at market fluctuations as your friend rather than your enemy; profit from folly rather than participate in it.
* Only when the tide goes out do you discover who’s been swimming naked.
* Our favorite holding period is forever.
* Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing.
* I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.
* Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing.
* Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good results.
* We will reject interesting opportunities rather than over-leverage our balance sheet.
* It’s far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price.
* A public-opinion poll is no substitute for thought.
* The most important quality for an investor is temperament, not intellect… You need a temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd or against the crowd.
* You ought to be able to explain why you’re taking the job you’re taking, why you’re making the investment you’re making, or whatever it may be. And if it can’t stand applying pencil to paper, you’d better think it through some more. And if you can’t write an intelligent answer to those questions, don’t do it.
* I’ll make more mistakes in the future – you
* can bet on that. A line from Bobby Bare’s country song explains what too often happens with acquisitions:
* “I’ve never gone to bed with an ugly woman, but I’ve sure woke up with a few.”
- Make Calls and Send Texts in Podio using smrtPhone - April 26, 2019
- Email Marketing with Podio and ConvertKit: Dealing with Unsubscribes - February 27, 2019
- Email Marketing With Podio and ConvertKit: Multiple Sequences - February 12, 2019