Bandit signs are a proven marketing technique for getting your phone to ring. Sometimes you’ll get angry people who will complain about uglifying (i just made that up!) their neighborhood, code enforcement threatening fines unless you take them down, but mostly you’ll get people needing to sell their house. I have never put out a bandit sign before because I’m simply afraid of getting fined the first couple of times. The funds are low as is, and getting fined will put a serious dent in my wallet.
This however is not going to stop me and to at least partially get over my fear, I agreed to go out with Lance last Friday night and hang some of his bandit signs. The plan was to meetup at 10:00pm at the Bridgewater Mall and then hang about 30 signs. We figured that would be a good start since we both are first timers. Lance had some H-Stakes so we could put some in the ground, and a sign stapler that would allow us to tack some up on telephone polls. We were ready!
In total we spent about 2 hours putting out signs. So how did we do? 4 Signs! A grand total of 4 freq’n Signs went up!?!?!?! Please don’t be in awe, if you work hard enough and don’t give up, you too can reach such great heights.
These are some of the obstacles that we ran into that kept us from putting out more signs
- Many business fronts that we could not put signs out on.
- The intersections were COVERED with political signs and ours would just get lost so we passed
- We didn’t really know the area so wasn’t sure were the good places were
- Traffic Jam that slowed us down
- Some of the good spots did not have any place to park the car without stopping traffic.
In hind site, we probably should have stuck some signs up amongst all the political bandits, and should have been less choosy where we wanted to put signs. We also decided to go back during the day and plan out some good spots before the next time. It’s much easier if you can see the spots during daylight ours.
Now it’s my turn to pick out an area and a day to hang some of my signs. I’m shying away from Mercer County because it’s just to dang far away, roughly 90 minutes. I’ll keep you all updated when I decided, which should be by the end of the week.
By a show of hands, how many people have put out bandit signs? and how did you do the first time out?
- Suspended From YouTube – for no reason - April 11, 2022
- Make Calls and Send Texts in Podio using smrtPhone - April 26, 2019
- Email Marketing with Podio and ConvertKit: Dealing with Unsubscribes - February 27, 2019