What now? The final days of the 30 day (day 30 and 31) challenge wrapped everything up and went over where we should go from here. The lesson really focused on going back and analyzing everything you have done to this point, and this is a key step before moving on and expanding your blog and affiliate marketing. Ed breaks down the past 30 days into 4 main parts…
Having a solid base is they key to marketing. Making sure that any keywords being focused on will have the numbers to support your success. This is like speculating in Real Estate. Getting into a market because you think there is huge potential is like buying a house in a bad area because there are expectations that it will be an up and coming neighborhood. This is not a good idea and can lead to wasted time and money. Be thorough researching a market and take the time to find just the right keyword(s), it’ll pay off in the end.
No traffic equals no success, plain and simple. The 30Dc shows us great techniques for getting traffic from Pay Per Click, using Adwords, and getting free traffic by use SEO. Backlinks are the driving force for SEO and developing a network of backlinks will keep your website on the first page of Google and other search engines for a long time.
If 200 people per day are not looking at your site, you’ve got a traffic problem. I’ve explained in past posts how to solve a traffic problem as well as analyzing whether it’s because of poor content, poor advertising or the keyword(s) just won’t provide that many visitors.
Traffic, No Problem! But converting that traffic to leads (or sales) can be. This is an art in and of itself, and the only way to improve your conversions is with trial and error. Change wording, graphics and writing styles until conversions go up. Practice is the key here, never stop educating yourself on propery sales techniques and remember, what works today might not work tomorrow.
The scope of the Thirty Day Challenge was to sell affiliate products or a product that you would develop yourself. For our purposes, we want to get Motivated Sellers Leads so we aren’t selling a product but a service. The rules still apply though.
Understand your market,be involved. Whether it’s foreclosures, probate, short sales or absentee owners, become an expert. To become an expert you must participate in the market. What I mean by that is…
- Read up on state laws
- Join local Rei group and meet people who are doing what you want to do
- Create content by writing articles or making videos. I can’t tell you how much this is helping me learn the Probate process.
- Talk with motivated sellers and learn what questions they ask (this is great content for an article).
- Just be involved!
Link to the 30DC
Links to my experience
- Day 1 – Introduction
- Day 2 – Keyword Research
- Day 3 – Google Rankings
- Day 4 – Monitization
- Day 5 – Content
- Day 6 – WordPress
- Day 7 – Statistics
- Day 8 – Getting Traffic
- Day 9 – Rank Tracking
- Day 10 – Article Submission
- Day 11 – Squidoo and Hubpages
- Day 12 – Blog Content
- Day 13 – WordPress.com and Blogger.com
- Day 14 – Weebly and Facebook Pages
- Day 15 – Check this Tool Out!
- Update – Half Way Update
- Day 16 – Break Day
- Day 17 – Google Analytics and Pretty Links
- Day 18 – Paid Traffic
- Day 19 – Setup Google Adwords
- Day 20 – Ad Groups
- Day 21 – Quality Scores and Adwords Management (i thought I wrote about this, guess not)
- Update – Dropping!
- Day 22 – Adwords Content Network
- Day 23 – Day Off
- Day 24 – Go or No Go?
- Day 25 – Sell Your Blog
- Day 26 – Finding Long Tail Keywords
- Day 27 – Great Backlink Techniques
- Day 28 – High Quality Backlinks
- Day 29 – Learning From Mistakes
- Day 30 – You are reading it
I hope you enjoyed my venture through the 30 day challenge and that you learned as much as I did. Look for my New Jersey Probate Blog status report coming up this week.
- Suspended From YouTube – for no reason - April 11, 2022
- Make Calls and Send Texts in Podio using smrtPhone - April 26, 2019
- Email Marketing with Podio and ConvertKit: Dealing with Unsubscribes - February 27, 2019