I definitely made some strides this weekend and I also found out I’m going to have to change my weekly schedule around. First things first…
I heard back from my Realtor, who is on vacation, about submitting my offer of 160k for 68 Mt Pleasant Ave. I give the guy credit for getting back to me while he is on vacation with his family. The skinny is that Mike (my realtor) called the listing agent to see if 160k is something they’d consider and if so then we would write up the offer. An interesting thing came out of this though relating to the $1000 earnest money deposit. Originally they said that I could make multiple offers on properties using one EMD check as long as the check date and the offers where on the same day. Now, as I was talking to the Realtor about my offer he said..”Don’t worry about the earnest money check right now, we can handle that if the offer gets ACCEPTED.” That’s exactly the scenario I want to happen and was told couldn’t happen when I first spoke to this Realtor or any other Realtor for that matter. I guess he just wanted to make sure I was serious.
Chalk one up for the good guys!
The ball is in the owners court right now to see if they will accept, counter or reject my offer. Wish me luck.
Meeting with the Broker
I met with Ian Wolf, the Exit Realty Broker, Friday afternoon and it went really well. His office really caters to investors and in fact Ian is an investor as well as quite a few of the other Realtors in the office. He was showing me all the tools he uses for his investing (mls, njlispendens, click2mail, some of his postcards and mailers, etc…). They offer a 70/30 split and no desk fees which sounds really good. I’m pretty sure after I get my license I’ll be signing up with them, unless I get a better offer. Another great benefit to joining up with them would be that I’d have access to all their buyers, attorneys, lenders and anything else they have.
This seems like a very good connection to have and they are willing to help me out if I have any questions before hand as well. Now I just have to get my license! Starts in 24 days.
My wife’s job is changing her schedule around to a normal Monday to Friday, instead of the Sunday to Thursday gig. No I will be doing most of my Real Estate items and tasks on Friday instead of Sunday which will probably take me a few weeks to get used to that. I’m a creature of habits, change something on me it’ll take me a little bit to adjust. But it’s worth it cause I’ll now be getting two whole days to spend with my wife!
Last Week Goal Review
- Get over my fear and make this damn offer! – DONE, I Made the offer and just waiting on if they will counter. Yea for me! Was pretty easy and the Coastal Funding prequal letter worked like a charm. No problems or questions asked.
- Find an auto poster for craigslist or similar item – FAILEDNever got around to looking for one of these. These are goals that should be easy to attain as it shouldn’t take more then about an hour of research. Shae had a better idea of hire someone to do this. Will look into that as well this week.
- Upload Probate mailer to Click2mail – FAILEDForgot to adjust my schedule with my wife being home on Sunday and I ran out of time so i failed this goal.
- Send out Probate mailer, Same as above
- Debt Goal: Pay off Student LoansDamn student loan people never sent us the pass code to get into my wife’s account. So We couldn’t pay off the balance. Why is this so hard???? Why can’t they just email the code to my wife?
I will post this weeks goals and some new details on my Offer later tonight or tomorrow morning. Stay tuned
Latest posts by Scott Costello (see all)
- Who Wants My Steve Cook Courses? - January 12, 2017
- REIFlow for Podio – Looking for 20 more beta users - November 11, 2016
- Globiflow is affordable for the small business again! - November 2, 2016